Tuesday 17 September 2013

Spontaneous Buy - Maybelline Colorsensational Vivids in No. 912 "Electric Orange"

Whilst casually perusing the aisles in Boots I had a look at the Colorsensational Vivids and when swatching fell in love with the bright orange colour which is "Electric Orange"!

Now I know that this is the time of year where I should be falling for burgundies, plum tones, berry colours and generally all facets of the autumnal colour spectrum.  However, something about this bright pop of orange colour just felt right for me and I reckon it'll work beautifully with green and khaki tones as well as gold, copper and neutral shades providing a very lively contrast indeed!


Maybelline, Maybelline lips, lip colour, lip color, Maybelline Vivids, Colorsensational
"Electric Orange"'s packaging & in the bullet!

I love the packaging with the transparent cap which shows you the colour of the lipstick in the bullet.

This is how Maybelline describes the lipsticks in the Colorsensational Vivids range:

"CREAMY FEEL from our nourishing formula enriched with honey nectar

BRIGHT COLOR from our rich vivid pigments"

And this is how "Electric Orange" swatches:

Maybelline, lip color, lip colour, Colorsensational Vivids, Colorsensational
No flash used.
First Impression of the Maybelline Colorsensational Vivids in No. 912 "Electric Orange"

My initial thoughts are as follows:

  • "Electric Orange" really packs a punch! A bright colour which still goes well with my pale skin. I felt the shade really woke my look up;
  • the colour applies easily and evenly;
  • the colour payoff is great: one swipe gives a nice wash of colour and two swipes result in really full on colour;
  • and the formula lasted well on my lips (between 3 to 4 hours) though the downside of this for me was that it made my lips feel slightly dry.


As I tend to have dry lips I have used Maybelline Babylips Intensive (in the yellow packaging) underneath which worked well for me and which I would recommend if you have dry lips.

And this is how "Electric Orange" looks on my lips (2 coats)!

Maybelline, Maybelline Colorsensational Vivids, colorsensational, vivids
No flash used.



Overall Verdict

I love the super bright orange pop of colour this lipstick provides.  I think this is a really nice way to brighten up an autumn outfit with a super bright colour which really has an impact!


Have you tried out any of the Maybelline Colorsensational Vivids?
What do you think?

Thanks so much for reading this post.

It would be great if you subscribed to ensure that you are always the first to read my new posts!

See you soon!

Mountainbeauty2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test