Wednesday 2 October 2013

Boots Haul - Make Up (& two hair/body products)

Don't you all love www.boots.com?

While I was in there picking up some vitamins and a cough syrup, I thought I would also take the opportunity to pick up some bits and pieces which I have been meaning to get for a couple of weeks - I mean it would have been rude not to!

Especially seeing that there was a promotion on across all cosmetics "Buy 1, get 1 half-price"!

Et voila - spontaneous haulage!

Grouped by brand, this is what I got!

(p.s. camera currently playing up...so apologies for stock pictures!)


Maybelline

Courtesy of www.maybelline.co.uk

I have been lusting after Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Eyeshadow in "70 Metallic Pomegranate" for ages and after it swatched absolutely beautifully - a lovely berry shade with gold flecks - I knew it was must meant to be!
(Currently retailing at www.boots.com for £4.99).

Courtesy of www.maybelline.co.uk

I have heard so much praise for The Rocket Volume Express that I really needed to try this mascara out for myself! After earlier attempts at buying it were foiled by it being sold out, i struck lucky today. I'm very excited to try this out!
(Currently retailing at www.boots.com for £7.99)



Rimmel

Courtesy of www.superdrug.com
                                                         
  As I really enjoy the Apocalipses which were launched earlier this year, I had to give one of their new September 2013 launches a try!  After some swatching I settled on the Rimmel Apocalips in "Shooting Star" as I really adore a nude lip and this will make for a really nice, subtle day-time look!
(Currently retailing at www.boots.com for £6.49)



17 Seventeen



Courtesy of www.boots.com

As I am currently obsessed with illuminating and skin perfecting primers I had to pick up two 17's new launches: the Skin WOW 3 Way Highlighter which can be used under foundation as a primer, to highlight cheek or brow bones or mixed with make up or moisturiser AND the Flawless Poreless Primer - smoothing skin perfector.

(Both currently retailing for £5.99 at www.boots.com)

Courtesy of www.boots.com

I'll be trying these out and comparing them with my current primer/highligther favourites!


Max FactorX

Courtesy of www.ebay.co.uk

I have been dying to try out the Max FactorX Whipped Creme Foundation and after some swatching opted for the shade "40 Light Ivory" - it didn't look very light but I am hoping that it'll sheer out slightly when buffed out with my stippling brush!

The major appeal for me is of course in the fact that this foundation promises a flawless, demi-matte finish.

I'm very excited to try a foundation in a mousse/whipped cream formulation as this will make an interesting change from the liquid foundations usually constituting my go-to foundations.

(This foundation is currently retailing for £9.99 at www.boots.com)


Soap & Glory


Courtesy of www.ebay.co.uk

In keeping with my love for all things glowy and illuminating I picked out "Glow All Out", a luminising radiance face powder and "Peach Party", a multi-colour blush brick - both of which swatched beautifully and will hopefully help to keep a summery glow alive well into autumn!

Peach Party™
Courtesy of www.soapandglory.com

(Both are currently retailing for £11 at www.boots.com)



L'Oreal Paris - Elvive Colour Protect Mask Pot




This is a repurchase which I have been loving quite literally for years as it smoothes my hair and enhances shine in an outstanding fashion (see my review here)!
(This is currently retailing for £5.09 at www.boots.com)



Vaseline Spray & Go Body Moisturiser in "Cocoa Radiant"

Courtesy www.walmart.com

I had seen this reviewed and recommended in various You Tube beauty videos and then I spotted it in Boots, I had to give it a go - especially as I'm terrible with applying body moisturiser and anything which makes the process more efficient is a "must try"!

I have already tried this on my arms and the application is super easy "Spray & Go" really says it all: you spray it, massage it in effortlessly and it sinks in super quickly.

On initial application the cocoa smell is quite strong but once the product has been absorbed by the skin, it leaves a subtle cocoa scent which lingers for hours.
(This lovely product is currently retailing at £4.99 at www.boots.com)

So overall I'm super happy with my purchases and can't wait to try them out and integrate them into my everyday beauty routine!



Have you been hitting Boots lately?
What did you get?

Thanks so much for reading this post.

It would be great if you subscribed to ensure that you are always the first to read my new posts!

See you soon!

Mountainbeauty2013










No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test