Sunday 16 March 2014

FOTD #3 - Visiting the In-Laws!

Hello my Dears!

I'm off to drop off the cat with my parents-in-law (and to have a bit of Chinese food) and so the aim was to create a look which looked polished in an understated way.





On my face today (in order of application):





1.

On me this primer works really well and makes my make up last without fading.  The texture is very smooth and easy to blend into the skin.



2.
Benefit "Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow" Foundation in "Pure for sure - Ivory" (SPF 25)


I apply this with my fingers for a natural, dewy finish. On my normal to dry skin this works great and stays in place well.  However, if your skin is oily you might find the finish to glowy and it might be more likely to slip.


3.
Maybelline Dream Touch Lumi Concealier in "Ivory"

I apply this in a triangle shape to my under-eye area and blend it out with my ring finger to brighten the area up.


4.


"Foxy" (1.) is applied all over my lid as the base colour.  I'm shading in the outer half of my lover lid with "Tease" (2.) and "Chopper" (3.) is blended out in my crease.  Lastly, I pop "Bootycall" (4.) as a highlight on my brow bone and in the tearduct area.

5.
This goes on to my waterline to make me look super awake (and it is fine with my contact lenses which is a must).


6.


I received this mascara in my US Swap with Sandy Noemy and I'm absolutely loving it - it goes on like a dream, doesn't clump and leaves me with long and natural looking lashes.

I'll definitively be picking up a full size one once I've finished up this one!

(If you want to have a look which other products I received in my swap click HERE.)



7.
Just a light dusting to set and smooth!

8.


This lovely blush gives a beautiful,natural (surprise, surprise) glow and I apply it lightly across the tops of my cheekbones - no additional highlighter necessary!

9.
Maybelline Color Whisper in 20 "Mocha Muse"


I'm finishing off my look with a slick of shiny lip colour which goes on super smooth for a subtly glossy finish.  I completely adore the Maybelline Color Whispers and am contemplating braving Ebay to add to my collection (Thanks Sandy Noemy!).



What's on your face today?


Thanks so much for reading this post and enjoy the rest of the weekend!


It would be great if you subscribed to ensure that you are always the first to read my new posts!



See you soon!




Mountainbeauty2013




*All views expressed in this blog post are my own*












No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test